Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Experiencing the inexperienced


Wah..what a fun it is to experience the inexperienced?? The experience by itself is very exciting surprising and when you get to experience the inexperienced. That experience could be anything. For this crazy mind lately it was the power of words, writing style, imagination of the author of the Tamil literature “Ponniyin Selvan” in 5 volumes that paved way to experience various things that this crazy mind had never experienced.
Before I was too lazy to flip through few pages in a book and used to wonder while gazing at people holding book and reading while walking, eating sleeping and see them just doomed within the book and now equally stunned when those traces reflected in the shadow of this mind over the past couple of months. Also I used to speculate while hearing people portraying their second half as prince or princess and about the crazy romantic conversations with so much excitement. Uf…what a writing! the great author of the book just drowned this crazy mind into the pond of such experiences just with astounding write up…Can’t believe …was it me who went so crazy reading that book???????
The book comes in 5 volumes each around 315 pages and the final volume double the pages, do not know what drove this mind, upon the suggestion from couple of friends to read that book I purchased all the 5 volumes at a stretch….although until then never ever I was glued to any book…
Volume one opens with my favorite exciting hero’s friend coming in a horse. Just few pages I flipped through and soon I was fond of that hero to such an extent that immediately I started telling “MY” hero J …. My dad as well as me was stunned once when I quoted saying my prince as that of this bold hero be like “Vandhiyathevan coming in a horse”…”The man” J….Until the point I read this book I never could think of even imagining my second half as a prince…..horse etc and experiencing this inexperience was bit witty to me but why not J
I was successfully through 100 pages when I heard my room mate was going Out of station. The crazy scary mind did not worry about anything and yet again I could not believe when my neighbors were coming an d knowcking at the window, I was continuously reading the book without bothering to respong, cook , eating and instead just stuck at a single place with this book in hand. 3 days continuous volume one comprising of 300 pages completed.

Even then I had a doubt , will I be successful in completing the series….Continuing with the same curiosity I unfolded the second volume when I was called for a trip with my family…Guess what yes I carried the book with me and throughout the journey was reading the book in the car…my aunt, mom dad…what happened to her..she is reading like this J ..Meanwhile what a sentence in the book..I just say shhhhhhhhhhh…read out the lines aloud..and explain the meaning when my dad says ah ha….I could feel the lines, as if honey was showered on top of my tongue… This was yet again a very sweet experience of experiencing the inexperienced…

Next onto Volume 3…feel..I must complete the series..no doubt…….Days become bit hectic more work…no time to read peacefully…next assignment comes…still the books magnetic attraction was so much that I could peacefully concentrate on the regular work only after finishing the third volume….I just read through so swiftly….I was happy to see how my reading of Tamil words had improved…
Being afraid of the power of the author’s writing, silently I finish my work and then after a gap of 1 month start with volume 4….when I was shocked to realize that I was reading book while standing and travelling in a crowded bus..while climbing floors within the lift….holding the book in hand always and walking..keeping the book always at my desk…staring..smiling at it….trying to read whenever there was a break…uffff…who is this…reading book so crazily….was it this crazy mind…it was bit difficult for me to digest…
Finally after flipping more than 1000 pages across 4 volumes Still I was doubtful if I would be successful in finishing the final volume comprising of about 640 pages….yes the craziness had to increase..incredible…when I was travelling to my native…in the bus due to night travel..the lights were switched off..still crazily I managed to read via the light from my mobile phone and some light from the street lights….too much…I did not care for anybody..the story so curious..that I never felt like dropping the book down….next somehow reached home for a short vacation…when yes it was me who was glued to book within my room peacefully without any tension and without thinking of talking to any one at home or even dropping out of the house to meet friends/relatives…
At last yes..I completed the great series and was shocked again to hear from my mom, aunt and sis that next time I come home..books/reading is banned..so thrilling was this experience of experiencing the inexperienced…
And now having finished those volumes now still when I discuss with my friends while travelling my office cabs..m at daze….
Unable to control missing such a book and joyous reading the crazy lazy mind is very happy to lock them in few texts here…

Feel the experience of experiencing the inexperienced…Marvelous..Hats off to THE MAN of the book...Kalki!
Thanks to my friends..suggesting me to read this book.....
Cheers,
Akshatha

2 comments:

Sowmya said...

Superb Akshatha.. I can feel the enthu behind those experiances of crazy mind :-)

Shakthi said...

Nicely written akshatha..Must have been an incredible experience.