Friday, November 14, 2008

Battle of Bays

Hiho… The crazy lazy mind is back again with a short narration on the battle that was held just a couple of days back….

With the hectic days passing by with loads of work my mind was hungry for some kind of entertainment...and yes it was the right time for a short celebration on the eve of 10th birthday of our organization…. As a part of it we had a competition titled the “Battle of Bays”

The title itself was very enriching for my mind. Immediately a short appreciation passes across this mind for the guys who chose the title..Good one…At least I was ready for the battle along with me team… After a days thought I wrote a mail to drive my team for the battle and that was a good drive.. Super cool team came up with many ideas….. Following which a short meeting request went out to my team mates..just the request was small but the meeting was itself fun filled and long than expected..End of it we were ready with the masterplans made with the mixture of our ideas and also some of the ideas gathered from our friends and colleagues gathered round the globe….The plan was to make a Time 10nel(tunnel) inside which we planned to depict the achievements/growth of the company over the past 10 years. Our team was futher divided into team of 2 each and the various tasks were distributed…

Everybody knew their task and had to execute it very fast and smartly without dirturbing the regular office work…. My day was little too exciting..suddenly I get a call from my old Pal with a note saying we are meeting in the evening..I was just lost…because I was meeting my pal after 14 years, along with it I had to do some preparations for the battle…

As against the title lazy mind my mind was more active organized the tasks very well and executed them perfectly… Then at night around 10..we get a SMS from our manager that reads “Battle lines are drawn…make sure you complete your finishing touches by 9..30 a.m the next day” …that gave a futhere push to us for the battle…..after meeting my pal and buying the necessary items I reached my house by 10.30 p.m..then follows the fast dinner with my Room mate and finally around 11.30 started with the decorative preparations or some small art works I had to had… My roomie was so sweet that she helped me until 1.00 a.m for making a Flag with the logo of our company and a hand cutting to signify the 10 year completion…..My eyes had to stay online uptil 2.30 a.m…

Winning or losing was not a matter, the crazy mind was so hungry for entertainment that I was in office with all my decorative stuff by 7.15 a.m in office..As we get dressed with new dress on our birthday…my company was no less…it was adorned with beautiful flowers and that was a lovely treat for my eyes early morning…I went ahead to my bay…on the was I saw a completely decorated bay..where in we had to just start..and I could not spot even one from my team..we had less time…

With little disappointment I thought I would wait for my team to join and until then do my regular office work..I connected to my outlook just to get shocked and see that my manager is down with fever…I lost interest..it was 8.00 still none of them were available…but even then this crazy mind wanted to fighting in the battle…

May be I was impatient…slowly my team mates started coming one by one and started showing what all they brought for decorating the bay…Then we started when it was nice to see our neighboring team also murmuring and decorating their bay…we were just left with 1.5 hours but were most tensed waiting for our tunnel team which was less very cool and only turned up at 9.00 and the judges were supposed to come at 9.30…It was 9.15 and just then the poles for making the tunnel were rooted in the bottles around the corners…

It was 9.30 and the bay was very clumsy with people on the floor preparing the charts, blowing baloons and the decorative items very just scattered around…That scene was very funny..If the judges had turned on time then we would have been in a embarrassing situation…lucky were we…Time was running by , and all of us in a hurry weree just trying to set up everything fine as soon as possible and yes We set our plan right and complete by 10.45 right on time of judges visit…Those moments were very cool….

Our short tunnel was finally up for the judges to pave their way into it and see the achievements…that was just for 5 mins but we took about 180 mintues to make it look so beautiful….but I was little disappointed to hear a comment saying its kinda “ghost house” as we had used black garbage bag to ge t the feel of tunnel…But still there were many other visitors into our tunnel and really appreciated work and ideas…
We also went around various bays to check about our competitior ideas…They were really awesome… when I could just feel that apart from software engineers there wers also awesome interior decorators…. Big team had amazed the visitors of their Bays…

All in all it was great fun and a different day against the hectic official tie ups to our PCs…I was so damn tired that I rushed home early from office and had a deep long sleep in the evening.
Cheers,
Akshatha

No comments: