Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Involvement - Good tool for great work



As I had written in my previous post, we were motivated very much by our manager and team meeting for preparing a good presentation...and the plan was made and we divided the work..and our Mission started on Friday........

I and my friends had to make some envelope,fill it with good content and hand it over on Sunday.
Oblivious of the Friday weekend traffic..I and my friend office little late although we had buy some materials for our task........

Amazing traffic..and as usual we reached late..but somehow managed to go the requried shops and buy the necessary materials....... Traffic had increased our tiredness...despite..we managed to relax ourselves and set back to enthusiastic mode after watching the Lilttle champs programme in the TV. Since we had reached late........We plan not to cook and just parceled some food for dinner....

not some..but lot....It was cold and our mouth was craving for some spicy food.....moreover weekend...plans for night out...we happily packed so much to eat...and when we ate them I was really wondering if we were going to work or doze off........

We started around 11.30 p.m...and were involved very much into the work.....we had to make a very big envelope..... we nver had prio experience of making such work...I had an envelope at home.....just looked at it..... Calculated the required measurments very well....... and I was double checking everything again n again so that we get the best in one shot........ My friend was almost irritated by the repeated checks....at the same time...was passing wonderful comments, that kept us laughing all through out the mission.........

My mom always seeks perfection in whatever I do..hence whenever I do a task those words of hers..or those checks keep running in my mind.........Same happened during this...

We were just focussed to get a very nice work done from both of us..and did not want to commit any asinine mistakes........

Both of us were determined to complete the task and then only sleep....and 50% of our mission was successful at 3.00 a.m..... Both of us were very happy looking at what created.......Both of us were just starring at it out of amusement..... You can find our creation below


and then both of us slept.........

next day our eyes opened at 11 a.m........again set us back immediately to good mood...prepared our brunch side by side..had a cup of tea by 12 and got back to work......... For a moment we felt as if we were some designers rather than software engg..... the whol room had become clumsy out of the bits and pieces of chart papers, snacks wrappers, bottles..... and we were just floating amidst of it..busy decorating the envelope that we created.........

It was 4.00 p.m...we decided to take a break........my friend left for her painitng class...and I switched back to my regular household work. and then watched a movie........and it's 8.30....

My friend turns up back from her class....with more innovative ideas again to decorate the envelope...and I was elated again........Just tried to get her a world map that she wanted to frame over the envelope.......and then the time just runs..it's 11 and my freind has not yet started to draw anything.....Inbetween with little bit of tension....my friend's mood had gone down and I was just blinking.......... Without completing my pal was just murmering saying it's not good its not good..........

Inbetween we get a call from our manager asking for the status..and my friend was just laughing at our status.........

We tried to work until 2.00 and slept off....... Then no other go.we had to wake up at 8 and resume our work.......... Our mission went on untill 4.00 in the evening........We took atmost care in all the things we did.......at the end It turned well....we had done a good work........decorated the envelope well and handed it to our manager by 7 and got back home........

Since we were very had good involvement we could do a good job in one shot........

during my childhood days..whenever my mom used to talk about involvement at silly stuffs I used to get irritated and used to wonder why it is required...but now I can taste the essence of it.........

All these days..whatever silly things I do..I do it with utmost care and involvemement...and it saves me good time..and delivers me a great result!

So just get inclined and have a tenacious involvement in all the work you do and look at the wonder with pride it creates!!

Cheers,
Akshatha


No comments: