Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bengaluru

My day started today with Malae(Rain in kannada) ;-)....wondering what m saying......yes..I woke up little late than usual..but somehow I managed to get ready on time for my morning walk.....It was dark and I thought ok..may be its yet to become bright..and just walked out of my house... and I walked..it was nice only for about few steps.. I felt very cold but it was very refreshing...then it started drizzling and I was shocked..I was in a dilemma whether to get back home or continue my walk..Since I did not want to get back to sleep again I continued my walk thinking the drizzles would calm down soon....but to my melancholy it did not ;-(...and I got completely drenched in the rain and returned home...If it was the same case in my hometown...I would have enjoyed the rain..but Bengaluru..its not possible..Its too cold for me to enjoy..I just wanted to warm myself...Then I immediately got ready for my office and again got wet in the rain ;-) but somehow got my cab on time... It started of as a very cool day and it was also a cool day at my work...

I have been thinking to write about Bengaluru since Vijayadashami, but really did not find time...So here I explore my thoughts about our Bengaluru.....

It's been around 3 years of my stay in Bengaluru...When I came immediately after my graduation it was Bangalore but now it is called Bengaluru...I felt Bangalore was a better name...never mind...

I had visited Bengaluru when I was in XII std and I had liked it so much that I told my parents I will settle down here...But now NO.... sorry..I don't like it... But still I do not know where my destiny will take me....... Everybody is fond of Bengaluru for its nice Climate...But I hate for the climate itself...

Climate:

You cannot say when its summer or winter...full time it is cold...and I like moderate climate not too cold not too hot..but In Bangaluru I rarely see the sun these days....It's very cold....

People:

All kind of people can be spotted in Bengaluru..Right from a mediocre to high class sophisticated people...... It is supposed to be a part of Karnataka..but when you start staying in Bengaluru you will get confused as in you are in which part of the country...Since it is an IT city..Different type of people plunge in from different cities for job and get settled here...

In my workplace I have seen people speaking in different languages..I rarely spot people speaking in kannada.... So sometimes I really get confused where m I....

Ok..now about the public... Not so great..Everybody is in their own world... We have to look on our own ways..can't expect much help....

But the Bangaloreans are very enthusiastic.... They seldom forget any occasion......and they celebrate each one in a very nice way...Even if we forget..the streets will remind us....It will be crowded like anything for shopping...During special pooja times..the whole street will be flooded with Fruits, garlands etc and other required items as per the occasion for sale.....

I really admire their spirit during such celebrations.....

It is good city to Hangout with your pals...You have lot of Malls, movie halls, great shopping complexes to hang around.... If a beach was there then I would have loved it.... That's the only thing I miss in Bengaluru....and also some peace..it's not so calm...

Even Food is amazing..you get all kinda food here.....

The horrendous part of Bengaluru is the TRAFFIC..these days it's become very hard to travel in the city...During weekdays traffic is too bad...Lot of signals around..Inspite of the new Fly overs still it takes hours together to move from one place to another...... When I had come during my school days the traffic was not so bad...But now you can just see lot of apartments...and heavy traffic with so many cars....and buses....

I feel safe and comfortable taking cabs to office....

But there has been a tremendous growth in Bangalore..Population is increasing like anything..Facilities like Volvo buses etc are really good.... Upcoming projects like metro rails, international airports will surely attract people around to settle down in Bengaluru...

So that's all I could write about our Bengaluru with my so-so life so far... I sign off now..Will come back something interest in my next post...

Akshatha

No comments: